This year we want to tell you more about one certification, in particular, that is new to us, ISO 14001. We are now ISO 14001 environmentally certified. Using a cloud system is beneficial for any company. It eliminates unnecessary paper and makes internal processes more effective, which is why Dorar Tammam Trading & Contracting Co. Ltd has always been environmentally conscious. However, the certification is now a declaration that the company is operating environmentally responsible.
What is an Environmental Management System?
An environmental management system (EMS) complies with the ISO 14001 standard and can be established as part of an organization’s strategy to implement its environmental policy and comply with government regulations. An EMS focuses resources on fulfilling the commitments identified in the organization’s policy. This policy may include reducing or eliminating the negative environmental impact of its products, services, and activities or increasing their positive effects.
ISO 14001 certifies that a company uses an environmental management system, meaning a systematic approach to protecting the environment in all business aspects. In organizations that have received this certification, environmental protection is part of their business strategy and daily operations.
GENERAL OBJECTIVES FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF ISO 14001
- In implementing this new standard, it is essential to emphasize the general objectives
- To prevent and reduce the environmental impact of our activities.
- To improve conformity with applicable legal requirements.
- Improve our environmental performance.
- Manage the life cycle of our services and help prevent the transfer of environmental impacts elsewhere in the cycle.
- Strengthen DTC’s position in the market by realizing environmentally friendly alternatives.
- Reduce consumption of resources, avoid waste, and correctly sort waste, if any.
ACTIONS ARE TAKEN IN THE ENVIRONMENTAL AREA.
The path toward obtaining this new certification has helped us review its previous environmental procedures. It was an opportunity to create value in several respects, among which we highlight the following
- Development of environmental policies and targets
- Design of an environmental disaster prevention plan
- Measurement and control of all resource consumption (water, electricity, fuel, paper, etc.).
- In-house environmental training (100%).
- Review of threats and opportunities, as well as compliance obligations.
- Preparation of environmental good practices manual.
This new certification addresses the concerns and needs of our customers. It means an even greater awareness of respecting and protecting the environment throughout the life cycle of our services.If you want to know more details about our environmental performance, In that case, we invite you to visit our office, where you will find all the information you need.